- Experience documenting, training and supporting across multiple platforms and technology skill levels.
- HTML & XML
- Over 5 years of experience with MPEG2/4, VOD, STBs, Black-box bench testing, smart devices and exposure to wide variety of media encoders.
- Ability to encode/transcode, analyze and tweak video across multiple devices and network conditions.
- Experience with the latest audio and video encoding compression technologies including H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC, FFMPEG Lib-NVENC, VP9, MPEG-DASH, AAC, AC3+, Apple HLS, Adobe HTTP and Wowza Streaming Engine.
- Familiarity with digital video endpoint platforms such as Android devices, Apple devices, Gaming consoles (PSx, XBOX, Wii, NVIDIA Shield, Fire-TV), Raspberry-Pi and Smart TVs with the ability to tweak video presets for compatibility and best viewing experience.
- Experience configuring, automating and deploying embedded Linux NAS media servers
- Experience with FFMPEG and HandbrakeCLI with the ability to perform advanced video preset tweaking.
- Over 5 years of experience administering, monitoring and troubleshooting Windows systems and Linux systems with the ability to analyze and resolve a variety of technical issues.
- Proven skills in PC/Hardware repair, troubleshooting, deployment, and liquidation.
- Knowledge and understating of Internet fundamentals, TCP/IP Network stack, OSI Layers and Cloud computing concepts.
- Experience deploying and administering Type 2 hypervisors and AWS EC2 instances.
- Experience administering multi-protocol storage environments such as CIFS, NFS, Samba, iSCSI and NAS.
- Mobile device support and configuration Android/iOS.
Languages and Frameworks
System Administrator at Calabasas Pediatric and Orthodontics
January 2014 - Present
- Responsible for applying OS/Program patches, installing peripherals, automating, upgrading and troubleshooting work stations.
- Provides technical expertise for system design, implementation and security
- Perform backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media.
- Provides email/chat support for miscellaneous technical issues/questions.
Video Encoder | Ingestion at Thompson Aerospace
June 2011 - October 2013
- Researched and developed high-quality, low-bitrate transport streams with quality in mind for the 1Net System.
- Analyzed and tweaked video streams over the network for best performance.
- Standardized and documented video specs for Development to implement in future projects.
- Researched and provided expertise for a next-gen 1Net System with the goal of implementing multiple B-Frames, Mainline/High profiles and AAC-HE audio in order to get better compression across the board.
Media Streaming Server Expert at Freelance
October 2010 - Present
- Provides expertise and guidance building custom NAS/SAN solutions for clients.
- Provides support, custom scripts and programs necessary to fully automate media servers.
- Encodes client media to meet quality, compatibility and size requirements.
Integration Technician at NXTV
June 2004 - December 2007
- Assisted development troubleshooting and implementing custom IR profiles for numerous TV displays from a wide range of manufacturers.
- Was in charge of testing, implementing and assisting development with new CRT/LCD/Plasma displays from potential clients.
- Was in charge of scanning, bench testing, diagnosing and repairing NXTV EPIA/PPC STBs and remotes. Dealt with over 20,000 STBs over time.
- Assisted QA testing end user client experience and well as video ingestion.